FAT is a file system which makes possible for an operating system to track the location of each file stored on your USB drive. You can format your USB drive to a FAT file system to save and access data via Windows operating system. There are two types of FAT file systems, one is FAT16 which can be used for USB drives having maximum size of 2 GB and the second is FAT32 which is used for 4 GB USB drives. Even though USB drive with FAT file system offers the best solution for data storage, sometimes data loss situations occurs. If you have lost data due to software errors or your mistakes, then you can recover FAT USB drive data using FAT recovery software. You can also find more information about ExFAT recovery software for external hard drives recovery solution, by going through this page - www.exfatrecovery.net
Recover FAT USB drive data in the below situations
1. When the folder is deleted mistakenly from USB drive and the folder is containing Word documents, excel files, media files or any other documents
2. If you have moved files from USB drive to computer and then accidentally deleted them from your system. For recovering moved files from FAT USB drive, you can use FAT recovery software.
3. When your USB drive becomes RAW or forcing you to format after connecting to the computer.
4. If your USB drive is corrupted after removing it from computer without using “Safely Remove Hardware” option.
5. If you want to restore deleted or lost data from formatted or corrupted external hard drives like SATA, SCSI, IDE, etc.
How to restore FAT USB drive?
It’s very simple to restore data when the files were deleted accidentally or USB drive was formatted, corrupted or becomes inaccessible. What you all need to do is first stop using your drive as soon as you lost your data and then search for software like FAT recovery. To restore FAT USB drive data, just connect it to the system where the FAT recovery software was installed. By following a few simple steps given by the software, you will be able to retrieve FAT USB drive data with no time.
Advanced features of the software
1. It supports to retrieve FAT USB drive data on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and Windows server 2003 and 2008
2. Compatible with all FAT file systems including FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and ExFAT
3. Capable to restore FAT USB drive of size ranging from 2 GB to 2 TB
4. It can recover FAT USB drive with the original name of all files stored on it
5. Easily identifies all media files based on their unique signatures, file size, file name, etc.
6. It can retrieve FAT USB drive data of any brand such as SanDisk, Sony, HP, Toshiba, Kingston, etc.
7. Provides the complete FAT hard drive recovery solution with few mouse clicks.
1. Do not connect your USB drive to the virus infected computers
2. Use “Safety Remove Hardware” option for ejecting USB drives from computer
3. Take backup of important documents and media files before formatting your USB drive
Step by Step guidelines for recovering FAT USB drive
Step1: From the welcome page of the software, select “Recover Drives” option as shown in Fig 1.
Fig 1. Welcome Page
Step2: Now select your drive from which you want to recover data and then continue with the next arrow button as shown in Fig 2.
Fig 2. Select Drive
Step3: Wait until the drive was scanned completely. Once it is done, you can preview recovered files using “File Type View” option as shown in Fig 3.
Fig 3. Preview Screen