Partitioning the hard drive is a process of dividing the hard disk into multiple logical units so that you can have different Operating Systems on the same hard disk. It creates the appearance of having separate hard disk for file management purpose. Disk Management Utility can be used to create, delete, resize and manipulate these partitions on hard disk.
Once the hard disk is divided into several partitions, directories and files of different categories may be stored in different partitions. Way of space management, access permissions and directory searching features can be implemented and are depended upon the type of file system associated with the partition.
Let us consider a scenario, where you decide to resize the existing partition to create new partition in Windows hard disk. With suggestion of your friend, you try to resize the partition which contains precious data using some application. After the partition resizing process, you would have found some unknown message. Later, you may come to know that the partition resizing process is not completed properly due to which you might have lost your essential data.
Scenarios for loss of data from partition after resize:
- Your existing partition might get deleted accidentally when you have re-partitioned the hard disk as per your need.
- Usage of third party applications for partitioning, re-partitioning or resizing the hard disk may lead to loss of data stored in that specific partition.
- Your hard disk might get crashed while resizing hard disk partition which leads to loss or deletion of partition.
- 1. You should always defragment all existing partitions on your hard disk before repartitioning.
- 2. You should keep the backup of bootable partition.
Relax! You don’t have to worry in these types of situations. You can use ExFAT Recovery Software to recover partitions after resize and it can also recover deleted files from hard disk.
Features of ExFAT Recovery Software:
ExFAT Recovery is ideal software which is used to recover partitions after resize. This software supports different types of hard drives SATA, SCSI and IDE hard disks and restore partition after resize of these hard drives. Apart from hard drives, you can also get back partitions from external hard disk, portable hard drives and laptop hard drives. It is designed with powerful recovery algorithm to perform partition recovery after resize. This software helps you to retrieve partition after resize from all popular versions of Windows Operating System. It is simple and safe interface to recover partition after resize, which has been formatted with FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and ExFAT file systems. This software has a high quality of partition recovery option to restore partition after resize. It supports both Windows and Mac operating system. You can also use this software to recover formatted ExFAT partition.
Steps for partition recovery after resize:
1. Download and install ExFAT recovery software to recover partition after resize. Open the software and click on “Recover Drives” option from the main screen to partition recovery after resize.
2. click on “Partition Recovery” option and proceed to the next step to recover partition after resize.
3. Select the drive to recover partition after resize and click on “Next” option.
4. Use “Data View” or “File Type View” option to view the recovered list and save it in a desired location.
Avoid loss of data from partition by following few tips mentioned below: