How a hard drive becomes “dead”? Is there a way to recover data from dead hard drive? If you are a person who is working on data recovery field or in a hard drive support team, you have to face these kind of questions. It is because, there are a large number of people who suffer data loss due to a dead hard drive.
Well, there are hardware and software issues that lead to the corruption of a hard drive. When such a corruption reaches in an uncontrollable level, users become completely get prevented from accessing any data from that drive. Anyhow, the relieving point is that data will still remain in such drives. You can use a data recovery software for recovering dead hard drive files to a safe location.
It is the time to discuss some of the reasons that lead a hard drive into dead state. You may feel that some of these reasons are elementary or unreasonable. But it can also lead to a hard drive failure.
Bad Sectors: When the percentage of bad sectors on a hard drive reaches an uncontrollable extent, it will lead to hard drive failure. Complete inaccessibility of data will be the outcome of this.
OS Errors: System errors can happen irrespective of whether you are using Mac or Windows. In an extreme level, this issue can also acts as a driving factor behind hard drive failure by corrupting partition data. You can continue reading for more relevant information, in case you are interested.
Mechanical Failure: Aging is an important factor which lead to hard drive failure. Regular backup of data may be the only option to preserve your files in case such a failure happens.
Other Issues: Improper shutdown of computer, driver conflicts, etc. can also lead your hard drive to a dead state.
Actually, is there a possible option to recover data from dead hard drive without missing a single file? Yes, you can do it with the help of a tool called “exFAT recovery”. It is not just a tool to recover data from exFAT drive, you can apply this tool on all types file systems which have been using on Windows and Mac like HFS, HFS+, NTFS, FAT16, NTFS5, FAT32, etc.
How this Tool Helps to Recover Dead Hard Drive Data?
- This tool supports all types of hard drive data interfaces like SATA, IDE, SCSI, eSATA, USB, etc. which has implemented on various hard drives of Seagate, Toshiba, WD, Transcend, Kingston, etc.
- You can use this tool for recovering files even from a RAW partition where the partition itself is not formatted with a file system. Visit the following page for getting a comprehensive guidance on such an issue. http://www.exfatrecovery.net/files-from-raw-partition.html
- Dead hard drive data recovery using this tool is a straightforward task, as it doesn’t require any extra skill or you don’t have a prior experience in recovering dead hard drive data.
- You can evaluate the effectiveness of demo version of this tool, by using “Preview Recovered Files” option. If you are satisfied with this, you can purchase the full version of this tool to save recovered data.
- If the recovering file type is an unknown one, there is an option to add new signature of that type using this tool.
- After scanning, this tool list out data which can be sorted in two views namely “File Type View” and “Data View”
- Additionally, you can use this tool to recover deleted partition in Windows 8 computers which got deleted due to unanticipated reasons.
Steps to Recover Files from Dead Hard Drive
Step 1: Download the demo version of this tool by clicking “Download Now” button and install it. After installing, launch the software by double clicking its desktop icon. Home screen of this tool will now appear. You have to select “Recover Drives” Option from it.
Step 2: Now select “Partition Recovery” from the next screen.
Step 3: From the next screen, choose the drive which has failed.
Step 4: Wait for a while to complete the the scan. If you are satisfied with recovery results, you can purchase the full version of this tool to “save” recovered files.